Section 8 Resource Center (2017)
Welcome to the Section 8 Resource Center. Here you will find information on Section 8 programs administered by HUD's Office of Public and Indian Housing. Click on the links below to navigate to the section of the page in which you are interested. Click "Top" or use your browser's "back" function to navigate back.
- Apr 14: HUD Publishes Revised FY 2017 FMRs
- Apr 14: NAHRO Submits Comments on HUD's MTW Expansion Operations Notice
- Apr 14: HUD Publishes Cash Management Notice for HCV Program
- Apr 14: NAHRO Releases Preliminary Joint FY 2018 Budget Recommendations with PHADA and CLPHA
- Apr 14: NAHRO Sents Letters to HUD on HOTMA and Triennial Recertifications
- Apr 14: Senators Introduce Bill to Strengthen Homelessness Council
- Apr 14: HUD to Host MTW Listening Sessions
- Mar 31: HUD Releases RADBlast! Update
- Mar 31: NAHRO Submits Comment Letter on HOTMA Provisions
- Mar 31: HUD Sends 2017 HCV Renewal Funding Letter
- Mar 31: President Releases Budget Blueprint
- Mar 31: NAHRO Release 2017 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- Mar 15: HUD Issues Notice on Temporary Census Income
- Mar 15: UPCS-V Demonstration Update
- Mar 15: HUD Publishes Notice on Limiting Payments, Anti-Lobbying, and Disclosure Reqs
- Mar 15: New Presidential Executive Order on Reg Reform Agenda
- Mar 15: Dr. Ben Carson Confirmed as HUD Secretary
- Mar 15: Leaked Internal Docs Suggest $6B HUD Cut
- Feb 28: Report on MTW Program Impact on Mobility Released
- Feb 28: Moving To Work Group Submits Comments on "Substantially the Same" Notice
- Feb 15: White House Publishese Two-for-One Regulatory Executive Order
- Feb 15: HUD Publishes CY 2017 Administrative Fee Rates
- Feb 15: NAHRO Releases Regulatory & Legislative Year in Review
- Jan 31: Regulatory Freeze Memo Issued
- Jan 31: HUD Releases Triennial Recertifications Interim Final Rule
- Jan 31: HUD Publishes Final "Lead Free" Rule
- Jan 31: HUD Publishes Notice Implementing Certain HOTMA Provisions
- Jan 31: HUD Releases Revised RAD Notice
- Jan 31: HUD Publishes MTW Expansion Operations Notice
- Jan 31: HUD Publishes Two Assessment of Fair Housing Tools
- Jan 15: HUD Sends Letter on HCV HAP Renewal
- Jan 15: UPCS-V 2.0 Published
- Jan 15: New HUD Rule Requires Broadband Infrastructure in Multifamily Housing
- Jan 15: Confirmation Hearing Held for HUD Secretary
|Cash Management Requirements for the Housing Choice Voucher Program||3/23/2017|
|This Notice revises the cash management requirements and procedures for the disbursement and reconciliation of Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) funds provided to public housing agencies (PHA) under the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, including Moving-to-Work (MTW) agencies.|
|Income exclusion under temporary Census employment and Census access||4/12/2017|
|This notice clarifies the exclusion of temporary employment payments by the U.S. Census Bureau pursuant to 24 CFR 5.609(c)(9).|
PIH 2017-04 (HA)
This Notice provides guidance for PHAs that receive federally appropriated funds exceeding $100,000.
PIH 2017-02 (HA)
This notice explains the procedures that public housing agencies (PHAs) must follow when an applicant or resident/tenant requests admission or continued residency as a result of being a VAWA self-petitioner.
New Administrative Fee Formula Proposed Rule - published on July 6, 2016.
Spreadsheet comparing actual prorated 2015 administrative fees received with full eligibility (100% proration) fees under the new proposed formula.
Web-based tool allowing comparisons between formulas in 2015 along with the ability to change the proration amounts.
Spreadsheet comparing the new revised formula with the formula recommended by the administrative fee study.
Resources on the Administrative Fee Study Recommended Formula (Resources below reference initial formula recommended by administrative fee study. For newer HUD revised versions of the formula, please see above).
UPCS-V Protocol Version 2.0 (Current at 1/5/17; Added 4/13/17)
UPCS-V Protocol Tracker - Tracks changes V1.5 to V2.0
UPCS-V Conference Call Recording (2/28/17)
UPCS-V Conference Call Recording (10/31/16)
UPCS-V Conference Call Recording (7/25/16)
UPCS-V Protocol Version 1.0 (Added 8/9/16)
(Ingrid Gould Ellen, Keren Mertens Horn, Amy Ellen Schwartz)
(Raj Chetty, Nathaniel Hendren, Frina Lin, Jeremy Majerovitz and Benjamin Scuderi)
(Raj Chetty and Nathaniel Hendren)
(Raj Chetty, Nathaniel Hendren, and Lawrence Katz)
- The NAHRO Blog
- Resource Centers
- Policy Documents and Correspondence
- NAHRO's Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- Search NAHRO's Housing and CD Policy Resolutions
- Policy Team