John D. Lange International Award
Purpose: To further the work of the NAHRO International Committee by recognizing a person in the housing and community development field who has made an outstanding contribution toward international understanding and exchange of international experience.
History: The award was established in 1983 in the name of John D. Lange, Executive Director of NAHRO from 1951 to 1970, who actively participated throughout his professional career in international exchange and, in his retirement, carried out executive service assignments in Argentina, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
Qualifications: Each nominee must have direct affiliation with the housing and community development field and have made an outstanding contribution to international understanding in housing and community development.
Deadline: August 15, 2017 - contact Carmen Smith by June 26, 2017 if you intend on nominating someone.
The winner will be honored at NAHRO's National Conference in Pittsburgh, PA, October 27-29, 2017.
Qualifications: Each nominee must have direct affiliation with the housing and community development field and have made an outstanding contribution in providing, promoting or developing better housing and community development throughout the World.
The review committee will base its recommendation on the following factors:
1. Specific achievements accomplished over an extended period of time in the field of housing and/or community development as a public official, provider or advocate.
2. Professional career in international development either managing international projects, starting new programs in other countries, creating incentives for foreign investments in US communities, and assisting with projects and programs that are being performed by U.S. or international organizations.
3. The extent to which the individual is recognized as an expert in the field as exemplified through scholarly and professional writings, participation in international conferences and meetings and participation in professional exchanges.
- Benefits and Services
- Join NAHRO
- Best Practices Database
- Awards for Agencies
- Awards for Individuals
- NAHRO Fellows Information
- Industry Jobs
- Educational Scholarships
- Agency/Organization NAHRO Associates List
- Associate Information Management Form
- Agency/Organization Information Management Form