For more than 75 years, the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) has garnered an exceptional level of respect, authority, and influence, providing its members with the means to change mindsets, cityscapes, and lives. NAHRO members make a real difference in communities across the county. NAHRO has fought to secure needed housing and community development programs and has represented the concerns of its members effectively. Today, NAHRO continues to champion the rights of all people to be adequately housed and to live in decent neighborhoods in thriving cities and towns.
NAHRO membership unites you with approx. 20,000 members—the largest and most effective network of housing and community development professionals. Here are just some of the benefits of membership.
NAHRO offers the following types of membership:
Under NAHRO’s dues structure, membership is available to organizations—housing authorities, public agencies, for-profits, and non-profits involved in assisted housing or community revitalization. If your organization is a member of NAHRO, it is entitled to designate individual Associates who will benefit from the connection to NAHRO and its products and services.
Several categories with different dues structures serve the variety of organizations involved.
Housing Authorities and others that manage, administer or own assisted housing units. Housing Authorities pay $1.41 per unit, with a minimum of $100 and a maximum of $18,000. All units are counted. Entitled to 6 associates plus 1 additional associate for each $200 in dues paid.
Public Agencies/Departments involved in affordable housing, community development, and redevelopment. These include community development departments, redevelopment agencies, state agencies, housing departments, city manager’s offices, federal departments, planning departments, etc. Public agencies pay by population, with those less than 50,000 paying $210 (7 Associates), those with a population between 50,000-100,000 paying $630 (9 Associates), those with populations between 100,001-250,000 paying $1,050 (11 Associates), those with populations between 250,001-500,000 paying $1,470 (13 Associates), and those with populations greater than 500,000 paying $1,890 (15 Associates). Public agencies that also manage, administer or own assisted housing units pay the greater of the housing authority or the public agency rate.
- Affiliate Agencies For-profit companies and non-profit organizations concerned with housing and community development, including vendors of products and services of interest to the members; those providing professional services, i.e. architects, bankers, lawyers; and non-profit organizations. Dues vary by the type of organization.
- MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS COUNCIL -- Vendors, consultants and non-profits who are supplying products and services to NAHRO members and want to take advantage of special discounts on marketing opportunities, i.e. exhibits, JOHCD advertisements, JOHCD Buyers' Guide, etc. DUES $525; entitles company to 8 associates.
- FOR PROFIT COMPANIES -- Developers, architects, builders, consultants, etc. DUES $435; entitles company to 8 associates.
- NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS -- Housing sponsors, community action agencies, civic organizations, universities, etc. with no units under ownership or management. DUES $265; entitles company to 7 associates.
Associates of Organizational Members (Those connected to an organization eligible for membership such as staff, commissioners, etc.)
Allied Individuals (Only available for individuals who are academics, students, unemployed, retired, those employed by the military, HUD, or international persons. If you are self-employed, you must join as a for-profit company.)
Please note all applications will be processed within seven to ten days in the order they are received. A confirmation will be sent once the application has been processed.
- Benefits and Services
- Join NAHRO
- Best Practices Database
- Awards for Agencies
- Awards for Individuals
- NAHRO Fellows Information
- Industry Jobs
- Educational Scholarships
- Agency/Organization NAHRO Associates List
- Associate Information Management Form
- Agency/Organization Information Management Form