Emerging Leader Award
The Emerging Leaders are a self-identified, diverse group of professionals who are interested in advancement in the housing and community development field. Emerging Leaders gain knowledge and integrate themselves into the industry through mentors, trainings, and conferences. An Emerging Leader demonstrates leadership and is willing to contribute and share knowledge/ideas with others.
The Emerging Leader Award recognizes an individual who has been involved in NAHRO at the National level for six years or less and has distinguished him/herself as an Emerging Leader. Nominations must be submitted by someone other than the nominee. Award winners can only receive the award once. Please note: Nominees do not need to be a member of the Emerging Leaders Subcommittee.
The nomination process for the Emerging Leaders Award is now closed.
The review committee will base its recommendations on the following prioritized list:
- First, participation at the national level. (1-10)
- Second, participation on the regional board or on a regional committee (both of equal value when scoring). (1-7)
- Third, consider activities at the state chapter level, such as board position or committee work. (1-5)
- Finally, consider activities that take place at the local level within their agency or within the community. (1-3)
When scoring the application, they will also keep in mind the following:
- The nominees’ accomplishments that define him/her as an Emerging Leader.
- How the region, chapter or local agency participated in the nominee’s leadership growth and any additional mentors involved in his/her evolution.
- Boards or committees that the nominee participated that assisted in his/her leadership development.
- Training opportunities that the nominee has participated in to promote his/her growth or that of his/her peers. (Training attended or conducted for others.)
Maximum points: 25
2014 National Emerging Leader Award Recipient
Vice President - Housing Choice Vouchers
Houston (TX) Housing Authority
2013 National Emerging Leader Award Recipient
Chief Administrative Officer
Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte, NC
- Benefits and Services
- Join NAHRO
- Best Practices Database
- Awards for Agencies
- Awards for Individuals
- NAHRO Fellows Information
- Industry Jobs
- Educational Scholarships
- Agency/Organization NAHRO Associates List
- Associate Information Management Form
- Agency/Organization Information Management Form