The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is a professional membership organization comprised of approximately 20,000 housing and community development agencies and officials throughout the United States who administer a variety of affordable housing and community development programs at the local level.
- More than 17,000 individual members and associates.
- More than 2,600 agency members (including housing authorities, CD departments, redevelopment agencies, affiliates, and complimentary memberships)
NAHRO members own or administer:
- More than 935,000 units of public housing (a vast majority of the nation's inventory)
- Nearly 1,700,000 units of tenant-based Section 8 housing
- More than 300,000 units of other assisted housing
- Nearly 100,000 LIHTC Units
In all, NAHRO's members provide housing for more than 7.9 million low-income people.
Our members bring more than $1.5 billion Community Development Block Grant and HOME funding to their communities.
NAHRO's CEO is Adrianne Todman.
Updated: July 28, 2017