The Call for Session Proposals for NAHRO's National Conference is now CLOSED.
Connect to PARTNERS
San Antonio, TX
Share your experience as a housing and community development professional by submitting a session proposal for consideration as a presentation at the 2019 NAHRO National Conference. The conference consists of H/CD industry educational programming to include 40+ concurrent educational sessions.
Case studies, hands-on solutions, and strategy explorations are strongly encouraged. Presentations can be designed for all levels of experience – from fundamental to intermediate to advance. It’s very important that sessions are presented in ways that actively engage and challenge the audience – presenters should include application exercises that involve attendees and should draw on the experience of attendees. Attendees should leave sessions with knowledge and practical tools that can be applied immediately in their organizations. While we welcome proposals on all topics, sales pitches for products or services are not a fit and will not be considered.
Session proposals should fall under one of the following identified Topic Categories: Public Housing, Section 8/HCV, Community Development, Commissioners, Rental Assistance Demonstration Program (RAD), Moving to Work (MTW), Organizational Management, Heath in Housing, and International. Download topic category descriptions and suggested topics
Proposals must be submitted on-line by JUNE 14.
Submissions should be complete with:
- TITLE (10 words or less)
- DESCRIPTION (100 words or less)
- (3) LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- IDENTIFIED PANELISTS
NAHRO seeks to meet the goals of its by encouraging diverse panelists (including race, ethnicity, gender, age and sexual orientation) for all its conference sessions. We ask session coordinators to be mindful of this objective when submitting recommendations for moderators/speakers.
Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Approximately 50% of conference attendees are CEOs/executive directors; 35% are commissioners; affordable/public housing and community development professionals, i.e., asset managers, HCV specialists, and attorneys make up the balance.
Each submission will be reviewed by a select team of industry professionals. You will receive a status report on your submission by mid-July. If selected, all session participants will be expected to adhere to all indicated policies, procedures and deadlines. This will help ensure that all information is posted and published in a timely manner for our attendees to view and that all of your session needs are met.
- NAHRO is unable to provide speaker stipends or cover any speaker travel expenses. There is no flexibility on this.
- Confirmed session speakers who wish to attend the full conference will be eligible for a discounted conference registration fee of $295.
- Sessions will be scheduled on Thursday and Friday, October 10 and 11. We do not accept speaker requests for a particular day or timeframe; therefore, please confirm all panelist availability on those days prior to submission of a proposal.
- Audiovisual equipment: NAHRO will provide a standard audiovisual equipment setup which includes a laptop, screen, LCD projector, podium mic and table mics for panelist head table. Any needs above and beyond this are at presenter expense.